As part of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation-funded Adoption and Integration Program, we are collecting use cases from participating institutions. The preliminary mid-project use case reports are attached to the page below and include:
- An overview of each case
- Contact information for project personnel who have agreed to serve as a resource to other organizations interested in a similar integration.
General program integration categories
- Integration of ORCID identifiers into the UND Institutional Repository (IR) and creation of a Hydra ORCID Integrator Plug-in that can be re-used by any Project Hydra institution implementing the Hydra stack/Fedora Commons open source IR tool.
- Integration of ORCID identifiers into HUBzero open source platform for supporting research collaboration,
- Pilot on three different HUBzero instances: nanoHUB, the Purdue University Research Repository (PURR), and HABRI Central
- Dissemination of integration source code to the other 50+ institutions using HUBzero.
- Integration of ORCID identifiers into an international biological pathways knowledge base data center
- Integration of ORCID identifiers into the DSpace open source institutional repository application (in collaboration with @mire) and the MOSpace institutional repository
- Development and dissemination of graduate student outreach materials
- Integration of ORCID identifiers into its Association Management System (AMS) (Personify) to support management of information about its 42,000 members.
- SfN use case is available in associations resources
Researcher Information/CRIS Systems
- Directly integrate ORCID into the upcoming release of Profiles, available to 30+ institutions using this researcher profile platform
- Expand adoption beyond faculty to postdocs, graduate students and undergrads through record creation and outreach activities
- HR/Active directory integration
- Establish a Wiki to support ORCID resource sharing.
- Integration into the VIVO open source researcher profiling system, first at Cornell and then in VIVO source code available to other VIVO users
- Create ORCID identifiers for its 10,000 graduate students
- Integrate ORCID identifiers into the open source Vireo electronic theses and dissertations (ETD) workflow and the university’s digital repository
- Integrate into the internally-used VIVO profile system.
- Integration of ORCID iDs into LDAP/campus directory
- Develop outreach materials for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers
- Disseminate project outcomes to the ETD and repository communities
- Integate ORCID identifiers into their Faculty information System (FIS) to support access and reporting at CUBoulder and CU-Colorado Springs
- Support the FIS publication data ingest process using Symplectic Elements and other sources
- Share ORCID iDs through SPARQL endpoint with the American Psychological Association