Become an ORCID Certified Service Provider
The ORCID CSP program allows service providers from across the scholarly ecosystem to demonstrate that their integrations deliver the functionality that their stakeholders expect and desire.
Increase the value of your services and products
ORCID encourages all providers of scholarly information services to integrate with our Registry AND to become an official ORCID Certified Service Provider (CSP).
Certification is free, and will help you to:
- Increase the visibility of your services to ORCID member organizations and to the global research community
- Assure your stakeholders that your ORCID integration adheres to best practices recognized throughout the research ecosystem
- Receive enhanced planning and technical support from ORCID
- Have more opportunities to collaborate with ORCID, and interact with the global research community, and
- Demonstrate your commitment to supporting open research infrastructure
Increase the visibility and reliability of your services and products to the global research community
ORCID currently has over 1,300 member organizations including universities and research institutions, publishers, funders and government policy makers in 57 countries around the world. They frequently ask us which scholarly service providers have the best ORCID-enabled product functionalities, when they are reviewing and selecting new systems to meet their organizational needs. In keeping with our organizational value of trust, we believe we have an obligation to answer these questions objectively, and to assure these members that the ORCID integrations in services we recommend adhere to best practices recognized throughout the research ecosystem.
The ORCID CSP program allows service providers from across the scholarly ecosystem to partner with us, to demonstrate that their integrations deliver the functionality that their stakeholders expect and desire.
ORCID CSP Program Benefits*
Enhanced Promotion from ORCID
We promote the visibility of CSP services to new and existing ORCID member organizations by:
- Featuring the CSP in a prominent listing on our website, including full system description and contact information
- Promoting the CSP to our member organizations when they first join
- Promoting the CSP to existing member organizations, prompting them to activate their integration if they haven’t already done so
Additionally, we will also promote your certified system to the wider research and scholarly community through:
- Joint promotional activities, such as blog posts, social media campaigns and inclusion in CSP-only webinars and other ORCID-hosted events
- An ORCID CSP Badge for your website and product marketing materials
- A certification letter you can use in responding to proposals/tenders (upon request)
Enhanced Support from ORCID
ORCID offers normally member-only benefits to CSPs, such as expert consultation for your product development plans relating to ORCID functionality, dedicated testing resources and enhanced technical support for troubleshooting. We offer these benefits both while working towards certification requirements and after certification.
Additional opportunities to participate with ORCID
Our CSPs enjoy optional opportunities to participate in ORCID initiatives, such as beta testing new product functionalities, co-presenting with ORCID at events aimed at member organizations and their stakeholders, participating in interest groups to connect and learn from the community, and the chance to be nominated to serve on the ORCID board.
Advanced reporting (For CSPs who are also ORCID member organizations)
If you are an ORCID member organization as well as a CSP, you will have access to enhanced dashboard reports and insights to gain a deeper understanding of your service’s usage by the ORCID community (Learn more about ORCID membership!)
* Certification will last for a period of 12 months, after which our MSTSs will contact you by email to re-certify you; depending on whether your integration has continued to adhere to ORCID best practices.
Get started with your certification
Certification is free, and takes less time than you might think. Our Technical Support team will walk you through every step of the process. We currently offer certification for integrations that enable the following workflows:
- Grant/Facility Application Management Systems
- Manuscript Submission Systems
- Repository Systems
- Research Information Systems
We invite you to review the certification criteria for each workflow at the links above, and to reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions or to take the first step. If you’d like to learn more about how we refined our certification program, based on feedback from service providers and our member community, we invite you to read our blog post.