As a community-led organization, we rely on feedback from our members and users to help guide us in new features and functionality for the ORCID Registry, APIs, and websites so we can continually improve how we meet researchers’ needs.
What Are We Working on Now?
There are four ways you can see how we are implementing your feedback to improve ORCID:
- What we are working on now: Our Current Development Trello board, which has always been publicly available, shows what we are working on now in regards to the Registry and the Member Portal Current Development board for the Member Portal.
- What improvements are on the horizon: Our Product Roadmap Trello board, launched in 2019, shows what we have committed to implement in the future.
- Community requests for improvements to all our products: Our Community Feedback Trello board is the place to track your own feedback and requests from the wider community.
Keep the Ideas Coming!
Here’s how you can share your suggestions for ORCID enhancements and new features:
- You can tweet us, using the hashtag #ORCIDfeedback
- You can contact us
- Share your ideas in meetings
- Participate in Working Groups
- Tell us in person at events
Once we add your ideas to the appropriate board, we will evaluate them for how well they fit with our mission, how easy they would be to implement, and how critical they would be to continued improvement over time. We will provide a link to the person who proposed the idea so they can track the progress in real time!