ORCID is governed by a Board of representatives from a broad cross-section of stakeholders, the majority of whom are non-profit. The ORCID Board is responsible for ensuring the organization is acting in the best interests of ORCID stakeholders. To this end, the Board provides strategic guidance and oversight for the successful achievement of ORCID’s mission.
The Board is supported by the Executive Director and a full-time professional staff who are responsible for management of ORCID operations and for recommending goals and policies. Board elections are held yearly. We strive for maximum transparency by posting summaries of our board meetings and annual financial reports.
- Developing and regularly updating ORCID’s strategic plan
- Reviewing high-level organizational goals and policies to support that plan
- Overseeing ORCID’s organizational and financial performance
- Ensuring ORCID has financial resources to achieve its mission
- Monitoring Board function
- Appointing the Executive Director and reviewing their performance Serving as a community advocate for ORCID