ORCID has a separate section in the ORCID record to record information about qualifications, accreditation, certificates and badges.
Each qualification item will always contain:
- The qualification title
- The provider’s Organisation ID (e.g. ROR ID)
- The date it was added to the ORCID record
- Who added the qualification (the source)
They may contain:
- The validity date, including an end date if the qualification expires
- The qualification persistent ID, identifying the type of qualification gained.
- The qualification URL, which contains human readable description of the type of qualification earned.
- The qualification persistent ID. This should link to an online version of the qualification certificate. This could be an existing unique ID or simply a URI.