Search & Link Wizards are integrations that can be used to import items (mainly works) into the ORCID Registry. They must undergo testing between the integrator and ORCID before they can be released to the production registry environment.
Depending on your answers to the questions below, your integration may be a suitable candidate for search and link — please contact us to discuss this further before starting to develop a search and link wizard:
- What is the target audience for the wizard? For example, authors, reviewers, or grant applicants at the national, disciplinary, or global level
- Roughly how large is the expected audience?
- Will it serve a population currently underserved by existing wizards? For example, research contributions in a specific language or discipline, or that are of a novel type
- How will you ensure that the wizard provides a good user experience?
- What user support will you be providing?
- Is there — or will there be — an ORCID point person at your organization, such as a product manager, for the wizard?
- How will you ensure that ORCID iDs are authenticated?
- Do you — or will you — ingest and display ORCID iDs on your platform?
- Is your platform search enabled by iDs?
Please see our Search & Link Workflow for more details.