Please join us for the next Outreach Meeting on 4 November 2014, sponsored by ORCID and hosted by the National Institute of Informatics in Tokyo, Japan.
The program will highlight how research organizations and universities, publishers, and professional societies in Asia are adopting ORCID, sharing lessons learned from implementations as well as plans for the future. The event is free and everyone who performs or supports research is invited to attend: researchers, funders, professional association leaders, publishers, research policy-makers, repository managers, facilities managers, librarians, institutional leaders, research directors, and vendors.
The complete event program as well as hotel, travel, and registration information is available online. Registration is free, made possible through the generous support of our event sponsors. Individuals may also participate remotely by registering to attend the free webcast of the event. Video recordings and slides will be posted on the event web site following the event.
ORCID is a community-driven organization, and this event is planned with the active support of our dedicated Japanese program committee:
- Hideaki Takeda, Professor, National Institute of Informatics (NII) and ORCID Board member
- Soichi Tokizane, Professor, Aichi University and ORCID Ambassador
- Keita Bando, Digital Repository Librarian, MyOpenArchive and ORCID Ambassador
- Nobuko Miyairi, Consultant/Analyst, Asia-Pacific, Nature Publishing Group and ORCID Outreach Steering Group member
- Naoko Furubayashi, Manager, Research Analytics, and Saya Miya, Japan RBU PR Manager, Thomson Reuters
- Kazuhiro Hayashi, Senior research fellow, National Institute of Science and Technology Policy (NISTEP)
Please help us by sharing news about this event with everyone you know in the research and scholarly communications community: researchers, research policy-makers, repository managers, librarians, institutional leaders, publishers, funders, and more. You can also follow the event Twitter feed at #orcid13. We hope to see you there!