As we continue to make progress with our UI refresh, inbox notifications and emails are next to make their production debut.
We can hear you asking, “What is an ORCID inbox notification?” ORCID inbox notifications are used to inform you when:
- A trusted organization (an ORCID member you have authorized) makes a change to your record.
- Crossref has received metadata from a publisher that includes your ORCID iD, and they are requesting to add a work to your ORCID record.
- You are added as a trusted individual to another researcher’s ORCID record.
- We need to make a service announcement to all registered users.
- Your organization has integrated using our institutional connect feature.
Our UX Designer, Dan Dineen, has designed the new inbox to make it more user friendly, incorporating clear and concise messaging which includes highlighting the type of notification.
- YOUR RECORD is used for when a member has made a change to your record.
- ANNOUNCEMENT is used for ORCID Service announcements.
- PERMISSION is used for when you need to provide permission to a member to update your record.
We hope you appreciate the new look and feel of our notifications, but if you have any feedback, please feel free to let us know.
Watch this space for our next UI update to the Public Record!