ORCID is built on a distributed trust model which allows reliable and trustworthy data sources of all manners and types to be connected, with the record holder’s permission, to their ORCID record. We are proud to announce that we have developed a new work identifier relationship type—”Funded by”— to more thoroughly track and represent research funding. Both researchers and members can now add funding identifiers to work metadata, linking works with the funding that supported them.
- Members: add via our 3.0 API
- Researchers: add manually from inside your record, in the “Add Work” window
We’ve called this relationship “Funded by,” and it supplements the other relationship types we support such as “version-of” and “part-of.”
Once added, the funding identifier can be consumed by other systems when they read from researchers ORCID records—allowing further connections to be made. Funders themselves can benefit from this with improved data for their output reporting.
We encourage you to begin adding funding IDs to work data in ORCID records using the “Funded by” Relationship type alongside other research output identifiers.
If you have any questions or feedback, please do let us know!
- Improved ORCID Inbox Notifications and Emails
- New Features Alert! More Information Now Included In Your ORCID Inbox Notifications
- ORCID Community Gets First Look at New Developments in the Product Interest Group Webinar
- 2021 Product: Improving the Researcher and Member Experience
- 2021 Product: Our Progress to Date and Future Plans