How we set our membership fees
ORCID’s membership fees are designed to ensure we remain financially sustainable and can support the necessary ongoing investment to achieve our mission and to deliver value to our stakeholders.
The following are the set of principles we use in setting our membership fees:
- The support provided by our fees enables researchers to register and use ORCID iDs for free
- Our fees are guided by equity and inclusivity
- Across all our member categories, fees are differentiated according to the size of the member organization and the member benefits offered
- Our fees are not discounted or negotiated with individual organizations
- Our fee framework offers flexibility for our consortia partners to recoup membership fees.
- Our fees are reviewed and adjusted annually to reflect the development of ORCID’s cost base, to provide more predictability and avoid any large step changes.
We have over 1,200 members, including research organizations, publishers, funders, professional associations, and other stakeholders in the research ecosystem and are growing strong! We are very grateful for their support, without which we would not be able to fulfill our mission.